Friday 1 June 2012

My Joys

Let's meet the kids!
Elizabeth has just turned twelve. She's graduating from elementary school in less than three weeks, and going to high school in the fall. (In Quebec the school system is different from any other place. High school goes from Secondary I to V (grades 7 to 11), followed by two years of CEGEP and then University.) Aside from the whole growing up thing, the most exciting part is that she will be going to my old school. In some places that may not be a big deal but in a city with a million options it is for me. Add to the fact that I was a member of the first graduating class and that some of my teachers are still there (and still remember me!) it feels almost like coming full circle. I'm proud of her.



Brandon is nine, but soon to be ten. He's my genius. When he was four years old and putting together 100 piece puzzles all by himself I knew he was more than a little gifted. Today he's an artist. He can build anything out of paper. If he's in the mood he'll print out paper crafts and five minutes later I'll have a paper model of the DeLorean from Back to the Future, but when inspiration strikes he can build something out of nothing. Last fall he built a scale replica model of Niagara Falls, with cotton balls to represent the water foaming. He's showered me in Angry Birds and many many many Star Trek ships. He is amazing.



Haley is five, and she's my princess. Really. She likes to wear dresses and pretty clothes and she often sneaks my lip gloss on. If she could get away with it, she'd wear a tiara. She loves Disney movies and playing with dolls. She sings and dances and puts on some amazing shows. She's my Belle.



Sydney is three. She's a little dare-devil. She runs, she jumps, she climbs. On everything, everywhere. You think she's in her room playing, but no, she's in the bathroom putting on my makeup and filling bottles with water. She's my Wild Child.




2 comments: